Article 1 - General
Colman Jewelry complies with the "Law of December 8, 1992, on the protection of privacy with regard to the processing of personal data," as amended by the Law of December 11, 1998, as well as the anti-spam provisions from Book XII of the Economic Law Code concerning the "right of the electronic economy."
The data controller for your personal data is Colman Jewelry. A declaration has been made to the Commission for the Protection of Privacy regarding the processing of your personal data.
Article 2 - Personal Data
2.1. Personal data that you provide to us:
- Category 1, without registration: your IP address;
- Category 2: your profile name, password, email address, login details, and (possibly your profile picture);
- Category 3: upon registration: when subscribing to our newsletter: your email address;
- Category 4: through cookies;
- Category 5: your address details when placing an order.
2.2. Collection of Personal Data
Colman Jewelry may collect your data in various ways:
- During your registration and use of the Website.
Article 3 - Purposes of Processing
3.1. General purposes:
The Company will use the personal data collected from you exclusively for the following purposes:
- Category 1: the care and improvement of this Website and the inclusion of personal data in anonymous statistics from which the identity of specific individuals or companies cannot be determined, based on the legitimate interests of Colman Jewelry to continuously improve its website and services;
- Category 2: the management of your account on this Website for the purpose of using our Company and website, based on the performance of a contract requested by you, and, if indicated by you, also sending direct marketing, based on your explicit, prior consent;
- Category 3: sending you direct marketing, newsletters, promotions, and offers, based on your explicit, prior consent;
- Category 4: (cookie purposes), based on your explicit, prior consent;
- Category 5: the delivery and invoicing of products ordered by you, based on the provision of a service requested by you.
You are not obliged to provide your personal data, but understand that the provision of certain services becomes impossible if you refuse processing.
3.2. Direct Marketing
Personal data will also be used for direct marketing purposes if you have provided additional explicit consent ("opt-in").
If you are already included in our mailing list to receive marketing material in paper and/or electronic form, Colman Jewelry may use your data to send marketing and other materials related to Colman Jewelry, its products, and/or services. Colman Jewelry may use the data provided by you to update documents stored by Colman Jewelry.
This consent can be withdrawn at any time, without motivation and free of charge, for example, by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of each promotional email.
3.3. Disclosure to Third Parties:
In the event of a total or partial reorganization or transfer of Colman Jewelry's activities in which it reorganizes, transfers, ceases operations, or if Colman Jewelry goes bankrupt, this may mean that your data will be transferred to new entities or third parties through which Colman Jewelry's activities are wholly or partially carried out.
Colman Jewelry will reasonably attempt to notify you in advance of the fact that Colman Jewelry discloses your data to these third parties, but you also acknowledge that this may not be technically or commercially feasible in all circumstances.
Colman Jewelry will not sell, rent, distribute, or otherwise commercially provide your personal data to third parties, except as described above or unless you have given your prior consent.
3.4. Legal Requirements
In rare cases, Colman Jewelry may be required to disclose your personal data pursuant to a court order or to comply with other mandatory laws or regulations. Colman Jewelry will reasonably attempt to inform you in advance unless this is subject to legal limitations.
Article 4 - Duration of Processing
Your personal data is stored and processed by us for a period that is necessary for the purposes of processing and for the contractual relationship between the Company and you.
If you do not place an order or log in to our website for 5 years, we will delete your Customer Profile.
Article 5 - Your Rights
5.1. Right of Access and Inspection:
You have the right to access your personal data and to know how your personal data is used at any time.
5.2. Right to Rectification, Erasure, and Restriction:
You are free to disclose your personal data to Colman Jewelry or not. In addition, you always have the right to request Colman Jewelry to correct, supplement, or delete your personal data. You acknowledge that the refusal to disclose information or the request for deletion of personal data may result in certain services and products not being available. You may also request the processing of your personal data to be restricted.
5.3. Right to Object:
You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for serious and legitimate reasons. You also have the right to object to the use of personal data for direct marketing purposes; in such a case, you do not need to provide reasons.
5.4. Right to Data Portability:
You have the right to obtain your personal data processed by us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or to transfer it to other controllers.
5.5. Right to Withdraw Consent:
To the extent that the processing is based on your prior consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent.
5.6. Exercise of Your Rights:
You can exercise your rights by contacting us, either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by post to Colman Jewelry, Eiermarkt 7 box 1, 2000 Antwerp, Belgium, or by using the "Contact Us" section on the Website, along with a copy of your identity card.
5.7. Automated Decisions and Profiling:
The processing of your personal data does not include profiling, and you will not be subject to automated decisions by us.
5.8. Right to Lodge a Complaint:
You have the right to file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority: Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels, Tel +32 (0)2 274 48 00, Fax +32 (0)2 274 48 35, email: email@example.com. This does not affect your right to bring a civil action.
If you suffer damage as a result of the processing of your personal data, you have the right to claim compensation.
Article 6 - Security and Confidentiality
- We have developed security measures that are adapted on a technical and organizational level to avoid the destruction, loss, falsification, alteration, unauthorized access, or accidental disclosure of personal data collected, as well as any other unauthorized processing of this data.
- Under no circumstances can Colman be held liable for any direct or indirect damage resulting from incorrect or unlawful use by a third party of the personal data.
- You must always comply with security regulations, including preventing any unauthorized access to your login and code. Therefore, you are solely responsible for the use made from the Website of your computer, IP address, and your identification data, as well as for their confidentiality.
Article 7 - Access by Third Parties
- In order to process your personal data, we grant access to your personal data to our employees.